Places to Stay
From high to low priced:
- Hollywood Casino
- The Lucerne Inn – 207-843-5123 (Very nice, but about 12 miles away)*
- Hilton Garden Inn (New & very nice)
- Hampton Inn (New & very nice)
- The Brewster Inn (Located in Dexter about 50 mins from Bangor)* – This beautiful Inn is 100 yards from where the opening of Creepshow 2 was filmed, and the downtown of Dexter was said to be the artwork inspiration for the cover of “Needful Things”! This historic Inn was home to a US Senator and former Governor of Maine. Two former Presidents (Taft and Truman) also stayed here. If that isn’t enough, you might just find a place where part of “Graveyard Shift” was filmed in Dexter, too!
- Four Points by Sheraton at the Airport Bangor – 1-800-228-9290
- Mariott – Courtyard – 1-207-262-0070
- Marriott – TownePlace – 1-207-262-4000
- Marriott – Residence Inn – 1-207-433-0800
- Fairfield Inn – 300 Odlin Road – 1-800-916-4339
- Best Western – White House Inn (Pet-Friendly and nice)
- Country Inn – 207-244-3961 (Off exit 186)
- The Charles Inn – Downtown – (207) 992-2820 (SK used this inn for his guests, it has new owners and is undergoing some great changes, including themed rooms. Ask about the Stephen King room!)
- Holiday Inn – Odlin Road – 207-947-0101
- Ramada Inn – Odlin Road – 207-947-6961
- University Inn – Orono – 207-866-4921 (Very nice)*
- Milford Motel On The River – 1-800-282-3330*
- Howard Johnson – Odlin Road – 207-942-5251
- Bangor Motor Inn – Hogan Road – 207-947-0355
- Rodeway Inn – Odlin Road – 207-945-0111
- Days Inn – Odlin Road – 207-942-8272
- Comfort Inn – Hogan Road – 207-942-7899
- Motel 6 – Hammond Street – 207-947-6921
- The Inn On The Harbor – Stonington – A place to stay on the Coast of Maine!*
*We do not pick up here, but it’s a quick and easy drive to Bangor.
Places to Eat
- Hero’s – Washington Street Plaza – GREAT sports bar!
- Dysart’s – Exit 180 – Excellent food & blueberry pie to die for!
- Anglers – Off Exit 180 In Hampden – Great Seafood.
- Tesoro’s – 114 Harlow St – Authentic Italian food. – (No credit cards).
- Paddy Murphy’s – 26 Main Street – Irish Pub
- The SeaDog – On the Waterfront
- Nocturnem – 56 Main Street – THE place if you like different Beers.
- McLaughlin’s Seafood at the Marina – 990-1111 – 1080 Marina Road in Hampden. 3 mins south of Bangor with great seafood and wonderful views of the river.
Museums & Theatres
Festivals, Concerts, and Seasonal Activities
Gerald Winters and Son – Rare Books – Gerald has been a major collector of Stephen King for years and is finally setting up shop here in Bangor. He is located at 48 Main Street, just steps up the street from where we had the original Betts Bookstore in Downtown Bangor. He will be specializing in First Editions, Original Manuscripts, Proofs, Limited Editions, and Ephemera. And not just Steve’s books but other authors, too.
The World Of Stephen King
Social Networks for King Fans:
StephenKing.com Message Board
Fans of Stephen King
All Thing’s King